Welcome to my personal website! I am a first-year robotics master’s student at the University of Pennsylvania. Prior to Penn, I received my B.S. degree in computer science engineering (CSE) at the University of Michigan, with a second B.S. degree in electrical and computer engineering (ECE) at Shanghai Jiao Tong University. A copy of my CV and a copy of my resume can both be found on my website.
With the advantage of being enrolled in a dual-degree program, I have taken a list of courses covering from electrical engineering to computer science, including but not limited to:
- Honors Physics
- Signals and Systems
- Analog Circuits
- Semiconductor Devices
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Computer Architecture
- Embedded Systems Design
- Machine Learning
- Autonomous Robotics
- Computer Vision
- CUDA Programming
- Operating Systems
As a robotics master’s student, I continue to explore a variety of areas closely related to robotics, include but not limited to
- Deep Computer Vision — for robotic perception
- Computer Graphics — for robotic simulation & visualization
- Linear Programming & Optimization, Modern Convex Optimization — for robotic algorithm development
- Learning in Robotics — for an in-depth study in filtering, mapping, control, and RL (Reinforcement Learning) problems
A list of skills that I’ve acquired from my experience includes but is not limited to:
- LCM/ROS development
- Python in deep learning/computer vision
- ARM Cortex-M3 project development
This blog is divided into several sections, and each of them contains a list of posts. I’d love to record all of my accomplishments and happy moments here, to share them with you.
I have recorded a number of my own projects here on this website. Some of these are course projects, while others may be research projects. Some of the featured projects are:
- The F1/10 Autonomous Racing Project Series at Penn
- Minecraft Game Programming
- An Interactive Game — Step On the White Tiles!
- SLAM — Simultaneous Localization And Mapping
- Real-Time On-Device Flow Statistics Detection and Prediction
Tutorials section contains a lot of guidelines on making use of some really nice softwares to improve your work efficiency.
- Visual Studio Code — A Simple Tutorial
- Getting Started with C/C++ in Visual Studio Code
- Getting Started with Embedded Systems in Visual Studio Code
- Wox — Making Your Windows 10 Better!
Besides computer science, I’m also fond of photography as well as travelling around the world. I love to write travel journals to commemorate those precious moments.
When I was travelling, a question that I have been constantly thinking about is “what kind of pictures could represent a city’s culture?” Although a city might have different faces and it sounds impossible for me to reflect all of them in one single picture, I would try to use a series to document them. In my point of view, every single city/town on the earth has its unique culture. Only when one gets really close to the city dwellers can he/she really feels the unique culture of the place.
The following posts are chapters of my travelling journals. Some of them record what I’m seeing in daily life, while the others might be trying to discover the city’s culture. Hope you would enjoy my work.
- Hong Kong, China
- Michigan, USA
- Cork, Ireland, and the Cliffs of Moher
- Dublin, Ireland
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Dearborn, MI
- Zhuhai, China — Home, Sweet Home
— End of Introduction —